Friday, January 11, 2013

Projects to start the new year!

I don't know about others, but for me when I have a deadline to sew for, like say Christmas I get a little burned out creatively.  What is it about HAVING to sew that makes it less fun?  I am anxious to get back to "real" sewing and have quite a few dresses and bigger projects brewing.


This week I've gotten a couple of small projects done to keep me happy while trying to get life back to normal after Christmas.  The first one was an Open Wide Pouch from Anna at Noodlehead.  I've wanted to make this since she shared the tutorial but it hadn't happened.  Then early this week I wandered into my local quilt shop and all the stars aligned.  There was some fun fabric right by the door that was new in the shop and then I glanced to the right and all the beautiful colored zippers were glowing in the sunshine and I bought some fabric and a matching zipper!!
I made the biggest size, cause bigger is always better right?  It went together so easily and I loved how the zipper is finished.  I can see myself making lots of these. The striped fabric on the outside is by French Bull manufactured by Windham Fabrics the line is Multi Dot.  It just looked so bright I couldn't resist!  The inside is a Moda fabric from the Hoopla line, it was in my stash.  It is currently holding Peyton's little princess dolls but I might be re-claiming it soon!


Then I decided to make a fleece pillow case for one of my daughter's friends who is having surgery today.  She likes cats and I found the perfect print at Hancock's.  I used this tutorial that I've used before, it is so easy and just takes a 1/2 yard of fleece. Peyton tried it out and approved before we gave it to her.  Her friend loved it, and that was really all I wanted.


I love quick projects, instant gratification is sometimes quite nice. Now onto the next project!

4 comments:

  1. I love your Open Wide Zippered Pouch! I really like how you top stitched between your two fabrics. Such a nice finishing touch!

    I looked through your blog, and I'm sew impressed with all the Oliver & S patterns you sew. I'm thinking I should give the Sandbox pants a try. I bought the pattern a while back, and I need to use it. Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments! The Sandbox pants are really fun and they have a lot of flexibility which I like, now I want to make another pair! :)

      Delete
  2. I should sew a zipper pouch for my girl's little princess dolls ~ thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zipper pouches are so quick and much better than the plastic bag they were in. :)

      Delete

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)