Friday, October 5, 2012

Getting Organized for KCWC...Yeah!

This will be my first KCWC.  I have followed along in the flickr pool for the last few but have never joined in.  Seeing as I have my own blog now, I am SO happy to participate!  (This is actually one of the reasons I started this blog, not that you need one to join, I just did!)  For those of you who don't know what KCWC is, I'll give you my version.  KCWC is this awesome week twice a year that tons of Moms get out their sewing machines and dedicate an hour a day to sewing for their kids.  I just love seeing all the great things everyone makes!  Here is the link if you want more info.

I am being pretty ambitious for the week.  I have 2 dresses, 2 pants, 4 shirts, and a 4 piece Ottobre pattern I want to attempt.  This will be my first Ottobre pattern, wish me luck!  I am hoping to have most of the fabric cut this weekend to be ready to sew starting Monday.  I thought I'd share some of my plans.

Long-sleeved O+S Hopscotch Dress with this lovely Patty Young Sanctuary fabric that has been waiting to get off my table for months!

 Halloween Dress following this tutorial from Make it and Love it.  I am pretty excited about this one!  Not looking forward to sewing that doily (spiderweb) onto the shirt though! :)

A fall outfit that came about from a trip to JoAnn's this week.  I fell in love with this flower fabric and HAD to buy some!  I did make the skirt yesterday following another Make it and love it tutorial.  I'll talk more about it when I post the whole outfit.  For the shirt I am using the Flashback Skinny Tee pattern and going to try out Rae's puff sleeve tutorial. I am thinking about doing a big version of that fun flower on the top of the shirt, we'll see.
And finally another pair of O+S Sandbox pants.  This time with corduroy.  I am going to fix the sizing issues I had with the first pair.     

I'm excited to get some fabric washed and cut this weekend.  Happy planning everyone!  I totally LOVE sewing for my kids! 
Thanks for visiting.



2 comments:

  1. wow, how exciting! ive been running around like a chicken without a head and didnt realize kcwc was coming up! not sure I can go the whole 9 yds but Ill try to come up with a few pieces.
    I love what you have planned! Cant wait to see it all stitched up. sewing for kids is so fun!
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be excited to see how it all turns out too. That is the best part the transformation from an idea to a garment. :)

      Delete

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)