Thursday, July 19, 2012

Go To Signature Dress Review

I have another pattern review for you today!  I've been following The Train to Crazy for quite awhile now and when Andrea first started talking about this pattern I knew I'd love it!  No surprise, I think it is fantastic!  It is very versatile like she says and has a size range of 12 months to 12 years!  How great is that?

I decided to go with the regular dress length, capped sleeves since I'd never made sleeves quite like that before, a shirred waist (I've finally have conquered shirring, YEAH), and inset pockets.  Peyton really wanted it maxi length but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea for a very active four year old, but today I saw this pattern review and will do a maxi next time!  


The fabric is by Robert Kaufman and is a print of Ann Kelle's.  I bought it at my local fabric store.  I made the size 6 and it fit her great, she wears this size in store bought clothes. (She's a tall girl)  She still has a bit of a round baby tummy, though well hidden in this dress, I noticed.  So I decided to move the shirring up about an inch from the pattern. Then I did 3 rows down from there, so that the shirring would be above her tummy.  That is the only modification I had to make.  The directions are easy to follow and there are lots of pictures to help if you get stuck.


 The pockets were a hit, but her favorite part is the heart I decided to add at the bottom.  I just used the heart pattern piece that comes with the dress and traced it slightly larger than the biggest one and cut out two pieces of purple knit, which I layered together and sewed it on with a straight stitch.  I wanted to edges to curl a bit with time.



I absolutely love this dress, There are so many ways to customize each dress while only having to use one pattern, which I love!



Thanks for visiting!  If you feel so inclined to leave a comment it would make my day!  :)

3 comments:

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)